Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Meet our May Blue Fern Fan of the Month!

Welcome to May everyone!  We hope you are enjoying all the beauty and wonder of spring.  The beginning of a new month means we have a brand new Blue Fern Fan to introduce to you.  This month we are excited to have Cheryl Kearns join us.  Cheryl creates the most amazing (really amazing!) albums using Blue Fern products.  We can't wait to show you what she has created with our Spring Parade collection.  So, let's turn things over to Cheryl.



Hello everyone! My name is Cheryl Kearns, of Cheryl’s Paper Creations. I live in sunny Southwest Florida with my husband of thirty three years. We moved here from Cape Cod, Massachusetts in 1999, and love it.

I am a retired floral designer.  I have been paper crafting for fifteen years. I worked as a teacher/designer at my local scrapbook store until it closed several years ago. I specialize in making mini albums that showcase imported laces and flowers.  I was introduced to Blue Fern Studios papers while working on a design team.  I love the quality and beautiful designs, as they are perfect for highlighting my shabby chic style.



For the cover I used Spring Parade’s “Sunday Best”  paper.  I placed some purple trim on top of the white lace that wraps around the album from the spine, as well as pearl trim around the border of the album. The focal point on the cover is Blue Fern’s chipboard piece “Memories”, which I embossed with their Iris embossing powder. I used both their Winter and Spring Lilies, Attic Charm Daisies, and the Organic Vine Chipboard for my floral clusters on the cover and throughout the album.



The spine is five inches wide, and is covered with several pieces of white Venice lace and an appliqué.





Pages 1 and 2 : Here I used Spring Parade’s “June” paper on both pages.  I also used the Mini Flourishes chipboard pieces around the floral clusters. I tend to make simple pockets on most of my pages in order to highlight the various laces and other embellishments.  Each pocket holds three 4x6 photo mats.

* * * * * * * * * * *

So, there is a look at the cover, spine, and the first 2 pages of Cheryl's stunning album.
Be sure to stop by next Wednesday when we will feature more pages this album.  

7 comments:

  1. Wow! It's so beautiful! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love your gorgeous minis and this one is no exception. Just gorgeous! Big congrats for being chosen Fan of the Month - they picked a good one in you Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, what abeautiful mini album you have created!The contrast of lavender and yellow are stunning. Can't wait to see what else you share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have chose quite a talented designer in Cheryl, Blue Fern! I just love this collection of beautiful pastel colors! Cheryl,I love all of the lovely flowers and chippies that you used! This is another gorgeous album!

    ReplyDelete